Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A touching tribute ...

I think I am going to steal this idea from Mrs. Hot Cocoa .... 




I love how the lockets are small and delicate and sentimental without being overly sad and obvious. I am thinking of attaching them to our dads' boutonnieres (for parents that they have lost) and the bouquets of our moms (each of their dads has passed) and grandma's (for their husbands and/or parents). I think it is such a lovely way to honor the loved ones we have lost.


Bottom line, I dig it. And I'm not the only one! The Alternative Bride posted about this too!

12 comments:

Jen said...

Very cool! Nice idea :)

Amanda B. Young said...

So sweet. Love it. And I love too how itty bitty the lockets are. Such a wonderful idea.

NuFlaiir - Planning a Destination Wedding said...

Great idea!!

-Lilian-

Foxy said...

That is so sweet! I love that kind of subtle tribute...its like those family members are there with you.

Katy said...

I agree. I just bought an open faced locket charm to put a picture of my late father in and attach to my bouquet. Good idea, thanks for sharing.

sam said...

What a fabulous idea! Why haven't I seen this done before? It's brilliant.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

That's great how you're doing it for other people as well! I love that idea!

And thanks for the nod :)

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

i like that idea...so touching and adds to the 'accessories'

p.s. the BF and I tried to watch caprica this weekend....not so good...have you seen it?

anna and the ring said...

Beautiful. Not over the top just a subtle tribute.

JennyLee said...

Very sweet idea. I wish I had done something like this for my Mom.

BEL said...

beautiful! i've never thought of this on the boutinniere

Brittney said...

This is a great idea! Very elegant!