Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A little wedding magic

I like the idea of the guests throwing something at the bride and groom as the walk down the aisle (although after re-reading that sentence, I am having strange images of guests throwing rotten fruit if they are displeased with the ceremony). There are so many options for guests to throw ... flower petals, biodegradable confetti, feathers, rice (although I hear that rice has bad effects on birdies ... something about them exploding after eating it) .... these all seem like very cute options to me (minus the bird explosions of course) but then I see these from Classic Bride....


I am loving up the image of the guests waving pretty white flags as we pass through. Yet another DIY project to add to my list!

8 comments:

Krista said...

I love that idea, too. I bought a ton of ribbon, but then had second thoughts about it. So I'll definitely post on it if we decide to have the ribbon!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Very cute idea! And i've never seen it before, so pretty original too. I like it. unique, environment friendly, no clean up after... VERY NICE!
RelentlessBride

JennyLee said...

the no clean up is excellent!

Pearls Of Wisdom, LLC said...

OMG!! I !ABSOLULTELY! {LUV} these wands. Just the right thing for a grand send off:D

I {LUV} your blog. Always something new, fresh and useful:D

P.S.::You have been nominated.
Follow the link to see:

http://wiseoysters.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-luv.html

Chicago Wedding Photojournalist said...

Yea it's a lovely idea - and here's a lovely photo of it:

Leaving the wedding streamers photo

Thanks for your entry....reading through to get to know you!

east side bride said...

our wedding party blew bubbles at us. it was the. best. ever.

Cyd said...

I love these, too! I think I should at least have a couple for my cute little junior bridesmaids who are kind of halfway between flower girl and junior bridesmaid age.

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love this idea! And apparently my mom does too! She forwarded your blog to me and I LOVE it!

Thanks!
Bridgette