Monday, March 9, 2009

My style ...

In the midst of my apartment hunting I have decided to find out what my decorating style is thanks to Sproost and Jenny.Lee's blog. Go take the quiz its a great time sucker (and pretty fun too) ...

I actually broke out into a laugh when I saw the results. Apparently my sense of style is schizophrenic and the best part is that they are totally right! I am way indecisive and I like things from completely opposite ends of the spectrum ... in fact I think the thing I like is specifically when opposites are mixed together. Anyway, my results:

Your personal style is a mix of 2 specific styles:
50% Contemporary
50% Rustic Revival

Contemporary
So fresh and clean! Antiques? No thanks! Vintage collections and clutter of any type? Not for you! You like your space new and sleek. Each piece is chosen carefully as though it were a piece of art, and your love of minimalism is expressed throughout each room. Furniture has clean lines and geometric shapes are preferred.
You're not afraid of color — in fact, bold color options only highlight the minimal items you choose for your home. But the key is clean. To master the minimalist interior you not only have to be selective in the few furniture items you bring into the space, you must also find a way to hide all of the real-life items as well.

Rustic Revival
You can take kid out of the country but you can't take the country out of the kid... or is your theme "you can take the kid out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the kid?".
Either way you play it, you are one of the unique individuals who loves a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic/vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind. And can we blame you? You've taken the best aspects of two popular designs and mixed them in a manner that appeals to young and old alike. A subtle background of white or light colors provides a nice canvas for all the wonderful flea market, eBay, or garage sale finds as well as the classic modern pieces that you love.


Apartment Hunt Update: We are narrowing down on one place and deciding tonight if we are taking it, by tomorrow I might know where we are moving at the end of the month!

1 comment:

JennyLee said...

That's too funny. Literally either end of the spectrum! Good luck on your decision making tonight!