Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Venue: Galapagos Art Space

Ok there is cool and then there is Galapagos Art Space  ... which is just SO EFFIN COOL I can't stand it! The space is actually a theater so the lighting and sound is done with crazy skill. The design of the interior is hard to describe because it very unique - the bottom floor is actually filled with water and has floating islands of solid land for tables leading up to the stage.


The price to rent the space is a little high but it is all inclusive (besides food). For 18K you get the space and all tables, chairs, linens, lighting, and other rentals you would need for other loft type of spaces. All you need to bring is food and music 'cause you definitely don't need anything in the way of decorating the space ... I mean check it folks ...

So the bad news? The only thing I didn't love is that there is not a lot of dancing room, mostly this is our fault because we want a band, if we were using a DJ we could use the whole stage as a dance floor but our band would take up all of that room. Also, the price puts it slightly out of reach of our budget. 

But, I would highly recommend the space to couples who like a unique look and who plan on using a DJ instead of a band. Robert, who showed me the space could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. He seemed like he would be a joy to work with.  
 

... sigh .... I have to tell you folks, this venue really stole my heart in a big way but there is not really a way to make it work cause if the Ruskies don't get to dance the horah ALL at once they will get rowdy, I mean it, there will be riots, pitchforks, blood, oh you get the idea.


5 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds amazing, but yes, incredibly expensive! and I love your image of your 'Ruskies' dancing. Am I allowed to say Ruskies? Sounds like your wedding will be much fun and amazing.

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Wow. What an amazing venue! Floating islands for tables?! Awesome. Too bad about the dance floor. Although you had me laughing with your comment about doing the horah. I've been to many Jewish weddings and still get lost in the shuffle doing the horah (no matter how many times my friends try to teach me).

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

i heart The Galapagos Art Space! it's one of my favorite venues!

Bridechka said...

Haha, Marie you are totally allowed to say Ruskies.

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Can you but the band up in the balcony? Just kidding... Sorry, it looks great.