Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A little something to reflect on...

I don't really want to use this blog to discuss my political beliefs, simply because that is not what its intended purpose is and also because I do enough arguing out in the real world. But the issue of the passage of Prop 8 in California and all of the the other anti gay marriage provisions around the country have truly saddened me.

It is not only because of a strong personal belief that I support marriage rights equality but also my genuine opinion that it is a perversion of this great country's Constitution and purpose to subjugate the rights of one group to the will of a biased majority. Has this happened in America's past? Yes of course, many unfortunate times however we as a people and our politicians and especially our judges have corrected these errors and granted rights to everyone as they should be granted: equally.

To that effect I just wanted to post some thoughts by Keith Olbermann on the subject... I know that his style turns some people off but I was touched by his words here and just wanted to share them. As we are thinking about our weddings and our marriages, I just want to take a few moments and reflect on the fact that some people are currently fighting for what has been granted to us without even a whisper of a second thought.



Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto!

thanks for the link love - I added you in my blogroll today!

xo,
Amanda

Bridechka said...

Thanks! I love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Keith Olbermann! He so often manages to say what I am thinking, except you know, with eloquence.